From: jwhiting@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: openj9-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: openj9-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openj9-dev] j9 tooling readiness.
Date: Wed, Oct 11, 2017 4:05 AM

Hi,
 I am trying to use some of the tools available in the download bundle.
Named OpenJDK9-OPENJ9_x64_Linux_jdk-9.181.tar.gz.

 I find tools like jps and jmap -heap are not working as expected.

ps does not list any running j9 vm processes

jmap -heap returns a message to use jhsdb instead. Which I cannot find
in the download.

Error: -heap option used
Cannot connect to core dump or remote debug server. Use jhsdb jmap
instead

 Are these tools still "Work in Progress" ?

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Whiting
Senior Software Engineer, Middleware Performance Team
Red Hat