[openhw-asia-wg] Notes from AWG call of Oct 29/2022

Attending

  • Mingjie Xing (IS-CAS)
  • Yunhai Shang (Alibaba)
  • Kan Shi (ICT-CAS)
  • Duncan Bees (OpenHW Staff)
  • Additional participant (Mingjie please remind me!)

Notes

  • The AWG roadmap document was updated by Yunhai Shang to include notes on the XuanTie processors. An action was given to Yunhai to also add information about
    • Open source license
    • Verification approach
    • Explain which components can be downloaded and used under open-source license
  • Mingjie updated the roadmap report to add notes on Solderpad. Duncan took action to raise the Mulan license with IP expert/partner of OpenHW to gain additional context. Mulan is similar to Apache 2.0 but does not include hardware extensions.
  • Duncan took action to email to AWG the OpenHW processor comparison table used in the Cores TG. That will be helpful in comparing the OpenHW and non-OpenHW processors under discussion
  • Kan Shi will update the roadmap document to include the other open-source hardware projects which he had listed previously in spreadsheet form
  • Duncan reviewed a draft survey for AWG members and other OpenHW companies that have Asia focus. The survey was positively reviewed and Duncan took action to review the survey with Rick before distributing. Mingjie suggested that it can be forwarded to non-OpenHW members in China to publicize our work.
  • We discussed the OpenHW face-face meeting in December. OpenHW can provide invitation letters for those who may need to apply for visa. AWG should prepare a summary of the work so far. Ideally, the roadmap report should be in a presentable state at that point. Duncan will put additional time before the next call into formatting and drafting the document based on input provided by the AWG members.

Thank you all for your participation!

Duncan