Re: [openhw-asia-wg] Agenda for AWG meeting July 8/9

Hi Duncan,

On 2022/7/7 06:25, duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

Kan are you able to bring a contribution on open-source processor projects in Asia in table form so we can start to build a picture of what projects are underway and what are the requirements for next projects?

Minxie and Wei, could you bring a table of open-source software project supporting open-source processor projects for the similar purpose?

Sure.

Can someone step in with analysis of open-source accelerator projects underway in Asia?

accelerator projects may related to processor/hardware category. My best guess is that Kan Shi may happy to cover this, and I'd like to be the backup.

I think if we have those data points as first step we can move forward with the roadmap analysis.

Best regards

Duncan

*From:*duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Sent:* June 30, 2022 4:28 PM
*To:* 'Openhw Asia Working Group' <openhw-asia-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* RE: [openhw-asia-wg] Agenda for AWG meeting July 8/9

Thank you very much Mingjie for organizing this meeting!

As you know, we identified workstreams and some workstream leaders. We still need volunteers for Accelerators, interace IP, and Benchmarking.

*AWG Data Analysis and Roadmap Leader*

*Processor*

Kan Shi

*Accelerators, VEC, FP*

*SW*

Wei Wu, Mingjie Xing

*Interface IP*

*Design and Verification Methodology*

Jiuyang Liu,Kan Shi (dv)

*Benchmarking *

*Marketing/Ecosystem*

Wei Wu and Danny Hua

To start a roadmap analysis,  we need a brief contribution for each area. I suggest a simple table summarizing  current open-source projects in China or other Asian countries.

To get started, here is a very simple spreadsheet template for processor core projects <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JNTjaEHDiTxEJuN05ENlMyU2ZSk62dQSugWD9UzMNEI/edit#gid=0>

Also, here is a high level summary of OpenHW Core projects <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gjqRpSwgqvvkuSwshLN3aW4fyVjxFvaRDwlzgvY1pI/edit#gid=0>

Then, I think we should have a similar table for software projects, and the other areas above.

In my view, once we have identified all the different current projects we can identify requirements.

Could we ask for volunteers to bring contributions to the meeting organizated by Mingjie?

Who is able to get us started?

Thank you,

Duncan