Re: [oniro-blueprints-dev] [oniro-pmc] Project Lead election for Stefan Schmidt on Eclipse Oniro Blueprints

This requires action, please.

Wayne

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 12:37 PM Wayne Beaton <wayne.beaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This election contains no merit statement.

I know that it can be challenging to say nice things about oneself, but even in a self nomination you should be able to cite merit.

The Eclipse Foundation Development Process describes openness, transparency, and meritocracy as fundamental principles (our "open source rules of engagement"). A manifestation of this, is that nomination statements of project lead and committer elections must transparently cite the basis for merit of the nominee. The handbook provides some help, and I captured some thoughts on this topic in a blog post; that post is about committers, but the principles apply to project leads.

So... now what?

The election's merit statement cannot be changed after the election has started. However, the individual comments from voting committers can be changed.

Please use either the committer vote comments or the project mailing list to capture the merit statement for the nominee. Merit can be expressed as examples of commitment to the project demonstrated by the commit record, or evidence of leadership in public channels (for example).

Thanks,

Wayne