RE: [nebula-dev] Novocode Controls

Thanks for your comments.  I appreciate your goal to keep quality and committer involvement high.  I was mainly thinking about the role Nebula serves in gathering open-source SWT widgets in the same place.  Perhaps there is opportunity for a kind of “Tier 0”, which would give authors a place to describe their widgets and link to projects hosted outside the Eclipse Foundation.  This would extend some of the benefits of Nebula as a one-stop-shop for UI designers looking to expand their options.

--

Peter

From: nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher J Gross
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:37 PM
To: Nebula Dev
Subject: Re: [nebula-dev] Novocode Controls

Hi Peter,

I don't believe I've spoken with Stefan Zeiger - certainly not recently.  If he was interested in contributing he'd be very welcome, but we aren't really in the business of soliciting others.  I really want to make sure all contributors and committers on Nebula are individually motivated.  I'd rather potential contributors take the first steps.  I want to prevent Nebula from becoming a fire-and-forget type of project.  We do not have a cadre of full-time resources who can maintain and upgrade components.  We depend on the component authors to themselves become committers.

If Mr Zeiger is interested in contributing and becoming a committer - thats great and we'd welcome him.  His components are still free and EPL-ed so there's not too much need to bring them into Nebula unless he's motivated to.

Regards,
-Chris

Back to the top