[nebula-dev] Re: nebula-dev Digest, Vol 9, Issue 22

> I think we are all in agreement regarding the new way to package things. I
> don't think we need a vote of any kind.  Re governance, as far as I know
> there isn't an Eclipse mandated process within projects other than
> "meritocracy".

Okay.

Perhaps having committers vote on questions (3 +1s and no -1s is typical for projects I've worked on) can help to establish what we all feel has merit.

While we're small, maybe 3 +1s is overkill.  Perhaps we should assume that as long as no committer votes against something (-1), that the idea has merit.  (Voting -1 would require some justification/concern/counter-proposal in order to be valid).

> I also like what Ian mentioned.  Each widgets/component could
> independently decide to participate in a given Nebula release.  This will
> give us alot more flexibility.

Sure.

> So now we need to go about creating new projects for each widget and
> moving the existing code within.  As far as packaging, I am planning on
> working on an automated build for Nebula.  So I'll try to combine the two
> together.  Perhaps we can have a common build script which does the common
> stuff, and can be customized for each component.

I really like this idea.

Best regards,

Dave Orme

"David J. Orme" <djo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: nebula-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/22/2006 01:31 PM
Please respond to
Nebula Dev <nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

nebula-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[nebula-dev] Re: nebula-dev Digest, Vol 9, Issue 20

OK, here's what I understand to be on the table and where I am on each:

1 project per control: +1
Control jars inside our current zip file format should be in Eclipse
plugin format: +1
Keep the existing zip format, including other helpful things like
snippets.zip, etc: +1

If we want to have a single distribution for all Nebula controls, I'm OK
with that, but that would be an additional decision on the table.

Chris, what's the governance model here?  Do we need 3 +1s from committers
on a decision?  I don't see a general governance document like we have in
Platform and Tools, either at the top-level project level or in our
subproject's web site; am I missing something?

Regards,

Dave Orme