another quick status update of what's going on inside of MPC.
* Users are now able to drag and drop MPC installation links
into their Eclipse instance. This provides an easy workflow for
the existing marketplaces and for solution vendors.
A solution vendor, for example, can provide a link to easily
install their solution via the Marketplace client, without the
need to select and right marketplace and search for it.
* Another highlight of this week is, that MPC now runs again
on 3.7 and 4.1. Due to some refactorings in p2, MPC got into a
broken state. With , this is now fixed.
* Also thanks to Steffen Pingel who created a new build based
on Maven Tycho that is now running on the Eclipse.org build
These builds run daily in order to ensure that nothing breaks
the functionality of MPC.
* There is also a first draft for integrating the catalogs
within the MPC wizard page. This means, we get rid of the first
wizard page to select catalogs and have them integrated just
below the list of solutions.
* Nathan has finished the initial version of API to retrieve
catalog descriptions from the server. This means that it is no
longer needed to package the catalog extensions with the EPP
packages, but rather retrieve the catalog descriptions from a
central point. See  for details.
* In addition, it would be great to get some feedback for me
and Nathan about the new branding capabilities of MPC . The
idea is, that catalogs are able to brand the MPC in some ways
(tab titles, tab visibility, wizard header). We took a first
stab at this and eagerly waiting for feedback. In the meantime,
I'll work on integrating these capabilities into the Marketplace
That's all for now,
mpc-dev mailing list