Re: [mosquitto-dev] Implementing health check for containerized MQTT server application?

Just an fyi, the libwebsockets library used to provide websockets
support is problematic for various reasons. The project maintainers
have a different view to me on backward compatibility and how semver
works, both of which mean that any given version of the library may or
may not work. In particular, the interface that mosquitto uses is
slated to be removed.

Mosquitto 2.1 will offer libwebsockets support as a legacy mode, and
its own built in websockets support - chosen at compile time. The
built in websockets mode also provides websockets support to
libmosquitto and the mosquitto clients. It does not, however, provide
support for http_dir at the moment. I'm not entirely convinced that
providing this support should be part of mosquitto in the future
either.

Cheers,

Roger