Re: [mosquitto-dev] Setting QoS at broker

Hi Debi,

If you use the upgrade_outgoing_qos option, then any message that the
broker publishes to a client will use the qos of the subscription that
the client made. If your client A subscribes with qos 1 and another
client B publishes with qos 0, the communication from broker to client
A will use qos 1.

The broker will never publish with a higher qos than requested by a client.

I think that answers your question.

Regards,

Roger