[mosquitto-dev] RFC: Next mosquitto

HI there,

Experience of struggling some pull-requests, I had several
requirements for the next mosquitto.

Need these items or anyone already have the plan to implementation?
Any comment will be grateful.

1) Use libuv
Although I added EPOLL by the pull-request #484, libuv should be used
to correspond with many platforms.
In addition, using libuv will improve the outlook of the message loop
and make adding other features easier.

2) Thread pool
Can use full performance of multi-core environment.

3) MQTT v5
OASIS MQTT TC reached the final stage of MQTT v5 working draft. It
will be about a time to start implementation on mosquitto. Because of
MQTT v5 complicated, need several steps of experimental support.

4) Clustering
Cloud environment requires mosquitto can be scaled out. I guess
enhancing the bridge feature may satisfy.

Regards,
Tatsuzo Osawa

Back to the top