Re: [mosquitto-dev] A mosquitto's design suboptimization case in our use

Jan-Piet,

dreadfully slow? DNS lookups can be really slow anyway, and bridge connections aren't the most time sensitive aspect.

It's not convoluted from an implementation point of view if the internal code of the broker can be reused. Keeping the code base small and reducing the reliance on third party libraries, both of which were important to me. People do use MQTT for inter process communication on the same machine because it's easy to implement, not because it's the most efficient solution.

Looks like libUnbound needs a separate server too, so the solutions aren't that different, at least the way I look at it.

Anyway, like I said, I was just throwing it out there. I thought someone would find the idea repulsive :-)

Ian