Re: [mosquitto-dev] Connections refused in mosquitto 1.4.2 on raspian

> pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo mosquitto_sub -d -v -t Gartenwasser/+

(No need for `sudo' on that. :-)

It seems to me as though there's a bit of confusion with the
address/port you're using. I'd like to recommend you explicitly specify
the address in order to avoid issues with hostname resolution (from your
local hosts file).

If

        mosquitto_sub -h 127.0.0.1 -p 1883 -d -v -t 'Gartenwasser/+'

works, and you actually get messages, then there is no reason why
anothere client configured to connect to 127.0.0.1 and port 1883 should
not work.

        -JP

Back to the top