Re: [mosquitto-dev] Connections refused in mosquitto 1.4.2 on raspian

Dear Bernd,

Too bad, it would have been nice if it had been so easy.
Two things come to mind:
First, can you verify the port is actually open using netstat/ss, and that there's no firewall blocking it? Alternatively, if I remember the configuration file syntax right, you've only configured tls for port 8883. If this wasn't on purpose, and you're trying to use tls on the clients, this could cause connection errors. That said, I wouldn't expect "Connection refused" to be the error in the latter case.

Regards,
Bart

Back to the top