Re: [mosquitto-dev] use full certificate subject as username?

Hi,

this is a follow-up to my question from a couple of weeks.
I’m still looking for a way to use the full x509 certificate subject line in an mosquitto auth plugin for making topic access decisions.
In the meantime I have created a patch for mosquitto master that adds a use_subject_as_username option as an alternative to use_identity_as_username.
The option yields RFC2253 formatted certificate subjects (e.g. 'CN=agent,OU=project1,O=org1’) as client usernames.
It is somewhat similar to the FakeBasicAuth ssl option from the Apache http server.
I find this option very useful and want to know if this is something that could be added to mosquitto mainline?
The patch is attached. I’m by no means a c-export so please excuse any memory leaks or other blatant mistakes.

Kind regards,
Fabian