Re: [mosquitto-dev] Advice needed (long, sorry)

Hi Karl,

hehehehe. As I said before, we achieved neas 20.000 simultaneous TLS connections. But only connections. As far as we started sending some messages over each everything started to go wrong. :-) This the reason to request your help!!

I've no problem on sharing the sysctl configuration we used. I'm not at home but this evening I'll look for it and I will put it here. please do not flame me if it is not good. We were doing some proof tuning here, and there... Also, mosquitto is running on a 3-cores, 8 GB RAM VM.

Regards.

Manuel Domínguez Dorado <manolodd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But Mosquitto...
>
> We have read some experienced os people using Mosquitto sustaining 100K
> concurrent connection and more. But in our test we have reached ~25K
> concurrent connections at maximum, which is not enough (and operating
> not
> very well, to be realistic).
>
> Could you give us some advice on how to improve these numbers at least
> be able to reach our 100K users? We don't know, but maybe 20K concurrent
> connections are enough to support 100K users that are not connected at
> the
> same time.

I'm actually curious to hear about how you configured mosquitto and your
servers to get 20k connections at all.  I couldn't get anywhere near
that, and the people who'd claimed to reach 100k on mosquitto here in
the past have never replied to any requests for further information.

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson

--
---