|Re: [mosquitto-dev] Testing mosquitto 1.3 against MQTT 3.1.1 specs (protocol level 4):|
1. UNSUBSCRIBE accepts empty topic name and returns UNSUBACKAll Topic Names and Topic Filters MUST be at least one character long [MQTT-4.7.3-1]
2. SUBSCRIBE accepts multi-level wildcard character in the middle of topic filter and returns positive SUBACKThe multi-level wildcard character MUST be specified either on its own or following a topic level separator. In either case it MUST be the last character specified in the Topic Filter[MQTT-4.7.1-2].
3. SUBSCRIBE accepts single-level wildcard character not occupying an entire level of the topic filter and returns positive SUBACKThe single-level wildcard can be used at any level in the Topic Filter, including first and last levels. Where it is used it MUST occupy an entire level of the filter [MQTT-4.7.1-3].
4. PUBLISH accepts QoS = 3 and treats it as QoS = 0Though not explicitly stated, the expected behaviour is closing the connection.If the Client or Server encounters a transient error while processing an inbound Control Packet it MUST close the Network Connection on which it received that packet [MQTT-4.8.0-1].
5. CONNECT accepts will QoS = 3 and treats it as QoS = 0
If the Will Flag is set to 1, the value of Will QoS can be 0 (0x00), 1 (0x01), or 2 (0x02). It MUST NOT be 3 (0x03). [MQTT-3.1.2-12].
Back to the top