[mojarra-dev] Merging 3.0 to master

Hi,

With the completion of the ballot for Jakarta Faces 3.0 and the imminent release of the corresponding Mojara 3.0.0, I'm going to merge the 3.0 branch into master.

Master at one point started doing the changes for what was then called JSF.Next, which included things like removing JSP and managed bean support. The javax to jakarta changes interrupted that work, but we can now (finally) continue with that.

As previously discussed, this will include:

* Removing JSP support as a VDL (deprecated since 2.0)
* Removing the native managed beans (deprecated since 2.3)
* Removing references to the native EL (deprecated since 1.2)
* Full state saving
* Default "Fakes Faces 2.2"-mode (defaulting to the current version instead)

Other things that affect the API and/or semantics are dependent on discussions in the Faces team.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top