Re: [microprofile-wg] [DISCUSS] MicroProfile 7.0 Ballot verbiage straw poll

On May 19, 2023, at 7:34 PM, David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If we want to use minor releases to address the issue, we’d need to update our policies so that we can either 1) have breaking changes in minor releases or 2) we no longer consider changing Java or EE versions as a breaking change.

Are you leaning more towards the #1 side where we do allow breaking feature changes in MP specifications between say 7.0 and 7.1, or are you more along the lines that #1 is bad, but #2 is not that terrible when there are no real breaking changes in the Java or EE dependencies?

My wording here is pretty awkward.  Hopefully the intent comes though.

Back to the top