[microprofile-wg] DISCUSSION Thread: MicroProfile dependency on Jakarta EE (tight or loose)

After some lengthy discussion regarding the issue David raised in this thread that MicroProfile 7.0 is trying to solve, we revealed this googledoc  containing some proposals in yesterday's MicroProfile technical call. There are 4 proposals listed with cons/pros included.

For Proposal 4: Making the MicroProfile a profile of Jakarta EE, the group felt that there was a prerequisite to dissolve MicroProfile working group. This might not be feasible to release MicroProfile 7.0 in June 2023. With this in mind, the group felt it might be better for us to focus on Option 1, 2 and 3 and discuss further in the next few days till Tuesday next week. At the MicroProfile Live Hangout, we can decide whether we need further discussion or put up for a vote on Option 1, 2 or 3 among MicroProfile Working Members.

Proposal 1: MicroProfile releases support a minimum Jakarta EE versions
Proposal 2: Create MicroProfile Lite and rename the current umbrella to MicroProfile Full
Proposal 3: Release new MicroProfile versions when new Jakarta EE/Java SE versions are released

I understand not everyone was in yesterday's call. Please use this thread to share your thoughts.
Alternatively, please comment on the cons/pros of each individual proposal.

Thanks
Emily