Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[microprofile-wg] [BALLOT] September 27th, 2022 Steering Committee Minutes Approval. Request vote by October 5th

Meeting minutes pasted below. Meeting minutes PDF attached. Source minutes available here.

MicroProfile Steering Committee Meeting - September 27th, 2022

  1. DO NOT EDIT AGENDA. This is the responsibility of the meeting moderator with input from the steering committee and community. Agenda items should be discussed in the mailing list/forum or in prior Steering Committee meetings first.
  2. Prefer comments occur in mailing lists/forums.
  3. Document editing is enabled for community to add themselves to list of community contributors during call

Tweeted pic here, recording here, meeting minutes folder here

Meeting Attendees
Steering Committee
(Quorum = 5)
(Name, organization)
Atlanta JUG - Summers Pitttman
Fujitsu - Kenji Kazumura
IBM - Emily Jiang, Nathan Rauh
iJUG - Jan Westerkamp
Garden State JUG - Michael Redlich
Microsoft - Reza Rahman
Oracle - Ed Bratt
Primeton - 
Red Hat - John Clingan, Roberto Cortez
Tomitribe - Jean-Louis Monteiro (Proxy)
Committer Member - N/A

Eclipse Foundation
Paul Buck

  • Emerson Castaneda (Community Member)

Sorry, can't make it

Agenda Item
Past meeting minutes approval
Approved via microprofile-wg email thread.
Business since last Steering Committee Meeting
  • Reactive Messaging 3.0 plan review (results) and release review passes (results)
  • Reactive Streams Operators 3.0 plan review (results) and release review passes (results)
  • Metrics 5.0 Plan Review passes (results)
  • JWT 2.1 plan review passes (results)
  • OpenAPI 3.1 plan review passes (results)

Current Items

MicroProfile 2022 Program Plan Status

  • MPSP 1.1 ballot thread. Due September 26th (Done)
    • Super-majority is 6 votes
  • MicroProfile 6.0 Plan Review ballot thread. Due September 28th (In progress)
    • Super-majority is 6 votes
  • John to create thread on community outreach and metrics (Done)

  • Amelia will add list of actions taken to strengthen brand (Issue 138) (Done)
  • Emily to define next steps for OpenTracing in issue 29
  • Don to provide status update in the Metrics issue (Done)

    • John to send email to MicroProfile Google Group  and microprofile-wg alias on committer member nominations for 2023. 
    • Draft Program Plan (The Eclipse Foundation Program Plan template is optional). A Google Group discussion thread has been created.
    • Budget will be created by the Eclipse Foundation based on the program plan, and reviewed by steering committee
    • We will use "leftover" time of next week's technical call to discuss 2023 program plan
    • We can use next Live Hangout for the program plan discussion
    • May require an extra call. John to set up a poll for Program Plan planning call times.
    • We updated strategic goals in draft planning document
    • John to create google group email for volunteers for leading program plan sections
    • Reza ideas
      • Ideas for new specs
        • BLOB storage
        • JCache?
      • Consider competitive analysis
  • Review MicroProfile community, technical, and steering committee meeting times, given addition of Primeton. Current calls would be 2am for them.

Next Steering Committee call
Parking Lot

Attachment: MicroProfile Steering Committee Meeting - September 27th, 2022.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document

Back to the top