Re: [microprofile-wg] MicroProfile Steering Committee Committer Member election notice

Monday everyone,

How about MPWG chooses a set week when to start it's Committer Representative elections?
For example, each year, starting this year can we try for:
  • Nominations to open the 3rd week of November  and go for (2 full weeks). (never start on a Friday nor wknd)
  • Meeting the candidates follows the 1st week of December (managed by MicroProfilers) goes on for 1 week. We could push nominees' video interviews (set Question template, etc), nominee could choose to write a MP blog that can be pushed via MP social Media, etc
  • Committer Rep vote goes on the 2st week of December and goes for (1 week)
  • Announcement of Rep 3rd week of december. Right before the general Holiday vacation.
  • Onboarding a committer happens that same week. :)
Brainstorming here, so really looking forward to what others think about this?
My thought is that by the 3rd week of November, we have finalized the MPWG yearly Program plan. That means that wishful nominees have had the opportunity to be public, active, and awesome adding value to the creation of that yearly program & all that comes with the shaping of the year ahead.

I believe that scaling & iterating the nomination Rep processes could be of a huge benefit to MP.

If we choose to do this, we can add the Start date in the MP Calendar as constant tasks, always recurring not easy to drop the ball.  We can choose to add the dates and milestones to the MPWG Onboarding wiki  under MPWG Committer Representative section as well.

💛