From:        "Scott Stark" <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Microprofile WG discussions" <microprofile-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        11/01/2021 21:27
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [microprofile-wg] Proposal: Adjusting 2022 Budget
Sent by:        "microprofile-wg" <microprofile-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

That is an interesting proposal, and still might be on the generous side in terms of total budget. For example,
the https://www.eclipse.org/org/workinggroups/openpasswg_charter.php charter actually has a no fee table, but has a clause saying:
additionally, each member has to provide annual participation services to the WG, measured in manpower units / money:
  • Driver Member: 90 manpower units / year + $ 5000 / year
  • All other Member Classes (except Guest Member): 10 manpower units / year
There are 5 driver members, so their budget could be as low as $25k:
https://openpass.eclipse.org/about/#members

The 'manpower' units are as they are not described, but I can't imagine it would be anything other than person-hours.
I would say that could be a good model for MP; 4 drivers at 5k + X person-hours at the top tier, and scale it down as desired.