Re: [microprofile-wg] [BALLOT] 2021 MicroProfile Working Group budget. VOTE by Friday, July 16th

+1 (iJUG)

Looking forward to establish the 2021 Budget!
Hopefully we get some concerns about operation on the budget solved - here is an idea, inspired be my experience in the Adpotium WG:

With the transfer form AdoptOpenJDK (operated by the LJC) to the Adoptium Project at Eclipse Foundation, a lot of existing supplier accounts got moved form LJC to EF.
So, it should be possible to accredit existing suppliers to the EF suppliers list. Even refunds to agreed expenses of LJC (form 2021) during transitioning might be allowed.

We also established a Budget (Sub-)Committee for overview the accounting and preparation for working group meetings. May be this monitoring could be improved or automated with getting reports form the EF accounting system directly.

We also decided to have read access for Working Group members (not Steering or Budget Committees only) on the source numbers, so members could prepare themself for topics and don't have to rely on assumptions. Intention here is to prevent unproductive discussions because of lack of information - basically like being able to lock at the source code in Open Source projects ;-)

I think with approaches like this we can operate very well under the governance of EF and following the EFs rules of vendor neutrality and transparency.

Best,
Jan