Re: [microprofile-wg] Payara as MicroProfile compliant implementation

This all makes sense to me now.
Thanks you for clarifying.

On Apr 29, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The EFSP and MPSP/operations guide require at least one compatible implementation and its attendant CCR to exist when a final specification is put up for a ratification vote. It is the specification that is being voted on, not the compatible implementation. The compatible implementation used to verify that at least one implementation is capable of passing the associated TCK is only special in the sense that it is the first.

The associated specification project is responsible for approving all CCRs made against the specification, including the first one. There was a discussion about simplifying the process to create a CCR in the MP group for CCRs that are not part of a specification ratification. This is what Emily is referring to.