Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Reverse source code to a class diagram but maintain previous layout

Hi Adriano,

the reverse mechanism for Java is incremental. In case of C++, your guess is right, the code is there but currently disabled, as it does not work in some cases. Unfortunately, we had no time to work on it since the video was done. Besides the functional aspects, the tool usage between C++ and Java should be harmonized.

If you have a look at the plugin.xml of plugin oepd.languages.cpp.reverse.ui (see below), you'll see that commands, menu-entries and handlers related to "reverseToExistingUmlModelMerge" have been commented out. You can re-enable these and we would appreciate to get some feedback on it. In order to do so, you need to import the plugin from the papyrus SW designer git [1], remove the comments in the plugin.xml and execute/debug a second Eclipse instance.

Best regards

Ansgar

--

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus-designer.git

file plugin.xml (org.eclipse.papyrus.designer.languages.cpp.reverse.ui):

     <!--<command
            id="org.eclipse.papyrus.designer.languages.cpp.reverse.ui.command.reverseToExistingUmlModelMerge"
            name="Reverse to existing UML model (Merge)">
      </command>-->

         <!--<command
                  commandId="org.eclipse.papyrus.designer.languages.cpp.reverse.ui.command.reverseToExistingUmlModelMerge"