Sorry for the long email.
I want to add support for the following use case to eclipse.
- Suppose you are working on a Java or C++ project.
- You are on the source code editor, you zoom out and eclipse shows you a UML class diagram view of the source code in the current file.
- You zoom out again and eclipse shows you a UML class diagram of the source code in the current folder. And so on...
(Zoom in would take you back where you were before zoom out.)
While on the UML class diagram views you rearrange the elements, show/hide relationships, add comments, etc., to facilitate understanding and increase the clarity of the source code and its architecture.
For this to work we need the following functionalities:
- Reverse source code to a class diagram. Check.
- Update layout of the elements in the class diagram. Check.
- Update the source code. Check.
- Reverse source code to a class diagram but maintain previous layout. ???
According to the video in the following link, the last functionality was present in the past but seems to no longer be supported. I tried the nightly build and also couldn't find the necessary option.
My question then is: What is the status of this functionality? Is it there but not enabled?
If needed I would like to contribute to this functionality. I would just need some pointers to start.