Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Custom code and code generation

Hi Cédric,

Le vendredi 09 janvier 2009 à 13:34 +0100, Cedric Dumoulin a écrit :
> +1 for using MTL
>
> -1 to combine both immediatly.
>  I think we need more dicution about that. Especially, we need to
> discuss about the way we will take to go further. Some point to
> discuss:
>         How to provide custom code, where to put it ?
GMF.Codegen use three steps to generate code :
- 1/ Use Generator and set of CodeEmitters to transform GmfGen model in
source code.
- 2/ Use JMerge (part of EMF.Codegen) to merge userCode with new
generated code for all @generated NOT blocks of code.
- 3/ Use JDT to organize imports.
>   * How to avoid the spaghety plate syndrome :-)
>       * How our stuff will be maintenable
>       * Does the application still OO ?
>       * Is GMF adapted :-) ?

I agree for the discussion, that is what we do :)

We must define an action plan to solve our generation and gfmgen design
problem. I propose this one :

- 1/ Patrick communicates more details about detected problems.
- 2/  We define an extension metamodel to extend gmfgen concepts and
solve our problem
- 3/ We define which templates must be modified to support our
extension. And we propose the blocks of code to append.
- 4/ We implement the generator in order to support our extension (
I'm volunteer to make or to help another commiter on this task)

Cheers,
Jérôme.

Back to the top