[mdt-ocl.dev] Bundling of IMP Runtime by MDT/OCL Examples

Hi Wayne

David Williams suggested that I check this scenario out with you.

We have finally got a 'text' editor available for use by MDT/OCL. This editor uses IMP Runtime which is not on the Helios train (and not in Orbit).

Since this editor does not have the same maturity as the rest of the MDT/OCL code, we are packaging it as an example for Helios, with a view to 'promoting' it after Helios. (This is a kind of Incubation within a mature project).

In order to avoid a dangling reference breaking the buckybuild we plan to bundle IMP Runtime within the MDT/OCL Examples Feature. IMP are happy for us to do this.

David points out that this means that IMP Runtime will fall within the remit of the MDT/OCL Release Review. Not having yet particpated in a Review, I have no idea how stringent the attention paid to an example will be.

I have started a separate thread on mdt-ocl.dev to discuss whether we shouldn't spin off an OCL Tools project post-Helios to establish a more officially Incubation area and avoid some unduely tight project depenedencies.

Are you happy with MDT/OCL bundling IMP Runtime in Helios?

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top