[mdt-ocl.dev] New Example Plugins and direct-to-HEAD commits

Hi

I have just finished my 'brief' detour reviewing bug 191689 (delegates) and so can resume work on Editor and Registry migration, with an additional Editor use case of maintaining OCL embedded within Ecore.

We are so close to the M6 API freeze that there is no realistic possibility of revising the Environment API to accommodate the File/Root/Child hierarchy. The examples can and must therefore leave the API unchanged.

Since the examples are new non-API and non-API changing, it would be convenient to commit them straight to HEAD, rather than a branch, so that they are available to all 'CVS users'. A critical team review and approval will then be required before the examples feature, PSF and map files are updated to incorporate additional example functionality in the 'All-in-One-SDK'.

There has been no communication from Sebastien for 2 months on Bug 297475, so I think we can now decide that we do not have time to review any new contribution and so must continue with the existing example. The new Bug 191689 OCL embedded in Ecore functionality provides a slightly different load and save editor context, which should coexist well with the OCL console, so I'm inclined to migrate the emf.ocl.example to ocl.example and have editor and console working in concert. This too would be committed direct to HEAD if approved above.

Please +1 to indicate approval of direct to HEAD for the new and migrated examples plugins.

[I'm keen to have a working, although still evolving, example editor in CVS for EclipseCon so that, if he's bold enough, Kenn can use it to demonstrate the new EMF-OCL integration.]

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top