[m2e-users] Having trouble adding lifecycle mapping for jsonschema2pojo

I work on a project that has started to use the jsonschema2pojo maven plugin. I'm finding that Eclipse isn't generating the source automatically, so I assume this requires a lifecycle mapping entry.

In the "Lifecycle Mappings" preferences, I clicked "Open" to edit the file.  There were already two entries in it, for swagger and the compiler plugin.

I added the following new entry:
---------------------
    <pluginExecution>
        <pluginExecutionFilter>
            <groupId>org.jsonschema2pojo</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsonschema2pojo-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <versionRange>1.0.2</versionRange>
            <goals>
                <goal>generate</goal>
            </goals>
        </pluginExecutionFilter>
        <action>
            <execute>
                <runOnIncremental>true</runOnIncremental>
                <runOnConfiguration>true</runOnConfiguration>
            </execute>
        </action>
    </pluginExecution>
---------------------------

I saved the file, but I'm not sure what else I need to do to enable this.  I tried:
* clicking "Reload" in the preferences section
* project clean
* maven project update
* restarting Eclipse

None of these appeared to make any difference.

I also thought perhaps the "goal" might be "generate-sources", so I tried that, along with all the other steps, but that made no difference.

I checked in the eclipse log, and I didn't see any problems associated with this.

I am currently trying to get this working in eclipse 2021-03.

Back to the top