[m2e-users] setting Maven settings.xml system wide?

The Maven plugin looks into user.home/.m2 for settings.xml.

This works when each user needs to have a separate setup, but what if we want to set up a master settings.xml that will be used as default for any user ?

I have read that maven first looks into its own configuration folder for a settings file.

Anyone knows where this folder is located? I found a few maven plugin folders in the Eclipse installation folder but no luck so far.

What I need is to define a system wide settings while letting individual users the ability to override by defining another settings file in their user. home folder

Back to the top