[m2e-users] Getting "Plugin execution not covered" for maven-compiler-plugin after upgrading from 2020-09 to 2020-12

I was previously using 2020-09, with most projects using:
* git
* springboot
* maven/m2e
* groovy plugin

This was all working fine.

I just installed 2020-12, with the same plugins I was using with 2020-09.  I exported my preferences from my 2020-09 workspace and imported them into my 2020-10 workspace.  Using the same git repositories, I imported two projects.  When it finished compiling, I was left with the following errors in both projects:

* Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile (execution: default-compile, phase: compile)
* Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:testCompile (execution: default-testCompile, phase: test-compile)

In the past, I sometimes see this before I had installed all the required m2e connectors.  Now, when I go through "quick fix" on this, then to "discover new m2e connectors", the only choices it gives me are "Resolve Later", and the three variations of "Do not execute".  I assume choosing any of the latter would result in m2e not compiling code, so that obviously won't work.

I've checked the logs, and there is nothing relevant to this.

What could I be missing?

Back to the top