Re: [m2e-users] Why does Eclipse's Maven Integration not memorize my settings.xml setting?

Hello,

Not using this feature on my side (I use shared settings), but I test with __Eclipse 2019-06__ your use case.

It works as expected (Eclipse configuration is linked to workspace) ; configured path remains OK, either switching or restarting Eclipse. The following file in my workspace stores the configuration : .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.m2e.core.prefs

You should give it a try with Eclipse 2019-06.

If it doesn't work, you should check if Eclipse preference manager (Oomph) does not change your configuration at startup time (start your workspace, set your configuration as expected, then Help > Perform Setup Tasks... > the confirmation dialog lists all preferences that may be modified at startup time, and they may be all ignored (greyed out).

Disclaimer: not a m2e maintainer, just an end user.