Re: [m2e-users] java.lang.AssertionError: Can read global settings.xml ?

The implementation in #444262 is adding -gs parameter only if it is set in preferences and only if the file actually exists.
If not set, global settings location defaults to conf/settings.xml, which does not exist in m2e embedded maven runtime.

Try running your test using external maven installation. If it works, then it's not #444262.

I don't think it is related to the issue you have pointed. in my case, as I'm using linux, the user settings is already set, but by default the global settings are empty.

Probably it is more related to the fix implemented in m2e in #444262 bug.

The workaround that I used was to copy the same value from user settings to the global settings.

regards,

Cristiano