[m2e-users] m2e in eclipse Mars fails to start

Platform: Windows 7
          Java SE DK 8 Update 65 (64 bit) 8.0.650.17
          Java 8 Update 66 (64-bit) 8.0.660.18
          Windows Mars 64-bit installed with installer
          m2e 1.6.2.20150902-0002

I have installed eclipse Mars and am trying to import some maven
projects, using File->Import... and then Maven->Existing Maven projects

When I click on the "Next>" button, I get the following error message:
 The selected wizard could not be started.
 Plug-in org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui.internal.wizards.MavenImportWizard.
 An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.m2e.core.ui (238).

Does anyone know what I could do to fix this?

I have several old versions of eclipse with different workspaces on the
same computer.  Could any of them have any effect? (the target platform
is the one of eclipse Mars)

Thanks!

- Steinar

Back to the top