Re: [m2e-users] Question about the New Maven project

Hi, Lars,

didn't really check, but I assume that this configures the Profiles,
which are being activated whenever Maven is building the project. You
can configure, what is most likely the same list via Project
Properties/Maven/"Active Maven Profiles".

Profiles are typically used to adapt a Maven project to varying
situations/environments. Examples:

- A profile might detect, if JDK 5 (or elder) is used for running
Maven and (if so) pull in additional dependencies.
- A profile might be activated for release builds only and activate
slow build steps like building web site, and Javadocs.

For details, see [1].

Jochen

1: http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html