Re: [m2e-users] Question about the New Maven project

Maven build profiles: http://books.sonatype.com/mvnref-book/reference/profiles.html

The entry allows you to define which profiles should be activated whenever the project is built by the IDE.
You can change it later in Project properties > Maven dialog.

Cheers,
Rafał