Re: [m2e-users] moving m2e to java 8 after mars

On 19 May 2015, at 19:53, Manfred Moser wrote:

Looks like a perfectly reasonable step to me. On a related note .. is there any reference to when this change will be made by the Eclipse IDE itself. I could nto easily find any references to it online.

It is expected and have been suggested Eclipse Neon (next year release) will use Java 8.

There are actually now plugins in Mars that requires Java 8 (sapphire is one) and thats annoying when rest of train works with Java 7 ;/

so +1 on updating to java 8 for next year release train.

/max

manfred