This sounds very similar to a long-standing limitation in m2e/tycho I've
fixed couple of weeks ago. I suggest you try recent 0.9.0 build if you
are running anything older. Personally I install my m2e+extensions from
[1] but if you need just m2e/tycho, you can get it from [2].

[1] https://repository.takari.io/content/sites/m2e.extras/takari-team/0.1.0/N/LATEST/ [2] https://repository.takari.io/content/sites/m2e.extras/m2eclipse-tycho/0.9.0/N/LATEST/

--
Regards,
Igor

On 2015-01-07 21:41, Cristiano Gavião wrote:

Hello,

I'm getting the exception below when debugging a mojo that is using
aether api to install some artifacts in a local repository:

    InstallRequest installRequest = new InstallRequest();
             installRequest.setArtifacts(artifactsToSave.values());
             try {
                 repositorySystem.install(session, installRequest);
             } catch (InstallationException e) {
                 getLog().error(e);

It seems that the error is related to the fact that the artifact to be
an open project in the eclipse workspace. right ?

    org.eclipse.aether.installation.InstallationException: Failed to
    install artifact
    org.lunifera.runtime.kernel:org.lunifera.runtime.kernel.provisioning:jar:0.1.1-SNAPSHOT:
    /home/cvgaviao/Development/C4Biz_Projects/Lunifera-Workspace/lunifera-runtime-kernel/org.lunifera.runtime.kernel.provisioning/target/classes
    (Is a directory)

any workaround other than close the complained project ?

thanks,

Cristiano