Re: [m2e-users] Transforming class files in an M2E extension

I think you are right, JDT does require sources folder to be present, at
least I don't know how to configure Java projects to make your demo work
without (an empty) src/main/java folder. Ask JDT devs, maybe they can
suggest something... or just create marker source folder.

Also, you probably want to embed m2e lifecycle mapping in
maven-javassist plugin itself, makes it easier for the plugin users.

And keep in mind that workspace dependency resolution does not work for
maven plugins, which means transformers must come from a maven repository.

--
Regards,
Igor