Re: [m2e-users] DataNucleus Plugin not running

m2e does not (and cannot) blindly execute maven plugins during Eclipse
workspace build. You can read more about this in [1], but the upshot of
this you need to either modify DataNucleus Plugin to use BuildContext
API as explain in [2] or write Eclipse extension that knows how to run
DataNucleus Plugin inside eclipse properly.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_plugin_execution_not_covered
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_compatible_maven_plugins

--
Regards,