Re: [m2e-users] properties-maven-plugin with m2e

Wiki page [1] explains how to make a plugin compatible with m2e.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_compatible_maven_plugins

--
Regards,
Igor

On 2013-09-09 7:35 AM, Dirk Fauth wrote:
Hi,

I need to implement some build mechanism to extract some resources out
of my test plugin into an external folder. I achieve this using the
maven-resources-plugin.

Now I wan't to make the folder to copy the resources to configurable via
properties. But for reusability I want to store the configuration in a
properties file rather than in the pom directly.

I found the properties-maven-plugin to exactly match my needs. And
running the Maven build from console works fine. But in Eclipse I get an
error saying the value for the configured outputDirectory is not valid.
I guess that is because m2e can not resolve the property, as it will be
loaded on build time and is not available when loading the pom in the
editor in Eclipse.

Now the question is, how can I enable the properties-maven-plugin to
work with m2e?
Another way would be to simply disable the error for that case, but I
didn't find the configuration for that. Would that be possible?

I also tried to specify the property in the pom and then let the plugin
override the value. But that is not supported using Maven 3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greez,
Dirk