Re: [m2e-users] My <packaging>jar</packaging> project won't generate a jar under Kepler/m2e 1.4

If you want WTP to deploy the content of your ${project.build.directory}/jar  directory, it needs to be added to your .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component.

m2e-wtp doesn't configure that file to deploy anything other than the build output and web source directories. You must have set it manually before. Given the "invalid values" error you have, it looks like that file is borked for some reason.