Re: [m2e-users] moving m2e to java7 past kepler sr0

> costs savings "IT department of a large bank" might get by sticking to
> an old java version.

Also, remember that we're only talking about the JRE of the compilation tool; I assume there would be absolutely no requirement to enforce JRE7 on the compiled projects, simply that JRE7 must be used to run m2e.

I would expect most large IT departments of the sort we're talking about to have some sort of automated build anyway, and they can continue to use JDK6 to compile the Maven based project, as this won't use m2e. It's only when in the development cycle that JRE7 is an issue, and as such I personally don't see it as an issue.

(Currently all my key projects are JRE6 based)

Greg

Back to the top