Re: [m2e-users] moving m2e to java7 past kepler sr0

Igor,

You write: "Does anyone have a good reasons to stay with java 6 past this coming
June? ("my IT department is too retarded to allow java7" is probably not
a good reason)."

I don't know if you ever worked in the IT department of a large bank, offshore consultancy company or a similar institution, but... these organizations want to control the amount of support and maintenance by locking down the used platforms. "Retarded"??? I'm pretty sure most IT people would make the same choices given the available resources in the IT departments!

Java 7 might make your life easier, but is that really reason enough to alienate an insignificant part of your users?

/Tonny

--
Tonny Madsen
My profiles: LinkedIn Twitter Blogger SlideShare