Really hard to tell much without knowing details of your environment. It
is possible m2e does not honour local repository location specified
M2_REPO, tries to download new copy of all project dependencies and
fails for some reason. If you can provide a small standalone example
project and exact steps to reproduce the problem I can be more specific.

--
Regards,
Igor

On 2013-05-30 4:40 AM, Simonovsky, Pavel wrote:
Hi.

I am quite new bee in maven and m2e integration, so – sorry if I ask
something that everyone already knows… But I did not success to find
answer in forum archives.

I have eclipse java project, based on maven pom.

Project has plenty of third-parties references – managed by maven
repository. Among them – number of apache “commons” packages. For
example - org.apache.commons.lang:

import org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils;

Maven successfully downloaded those packages to local repository( we in
our “run” configuration – that runs maven to build our project – have

“M2_REPO” env variable – pointing into local directory – into which
maven download local copies of packages.

Everything works fine. Maven after first build downloaded all required
packages (including mentioned org.apache.commons) and builds works just
fine.

But – in Eclipse GUI all classes that reference those appache packages
are colored as having errors and error message says “the import
org.appache cannot be resolved”

Amazing thing is – it is just apache packages. All other packages ,
downloaded by maven into local repository – are recognized by eclipse
GUI just fine…

Do any one have an ideas – how to deal with those mess?