[m2e-users] Eclipse GUI do not recognise Appache commons classes

Hi.

I am quite new bee in maven and m2e integration, so – sorry if I ask something that everyone already knows… But I did not success to find answer in forum archives.

I have eclipse java project, based on maven pom.

Project has plenty of third-parties references – managed by maven repository. Among them – number of apache “commons” packages. For example - org.apache.commons.lang:

import org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils;

Maven successfully downloaded those packages to local repository( we in our “run” configuration – that runs maven to build our project – have

“M2_REPO” env variable – pointing into local directory – into which maven download local copies of packages.

Everything works fine. Maven after first build downloaded all required packages (including mentioned org.apache.commons) and builds works just fine.

But – in Eclipse GUI all classes that reference those appache packages are colored as having errors and error message says “the import org.appache cannot be resolved”

Amazing thing is – it is just apache packages. All other packages , downloaded by maven into local repository – are recognized by eclipse GUI just fine…

Do any one have an ideas – how to deal with those mess?

Back to the top