Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse seemingly deleting and recreating "target" directory for one project every second

On 12-08-28 2:45 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
-----Original Message----- From: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:m2e-users- bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Igor
Fedorenko Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:04 AM To:
m2e-users@xxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse seemingly
deleting and recreating "target" directory for one project every
second

Now I'm suddenly seeing an additional nonsensical symptom in this
project.  It's giving me an XML validation error on my
"application.xml", which I haven't changed, and which works perfectly
fine.  It wasn't complaining about this earlier. >

This ^^^ and the mapping xml below suggest the problem is either in
m2e/wtp integration or wtp itself.

What version of m2e is this?

   1.1.0.20120530-0009

Can I see lifecycle mapping of the project, ideally using m2e 1.2. You
can capture it using "Copy to clipboard" button on
Maven->LifecycleMapping project properties

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Image:M2e-project-properties-
lifecyclemapping.png

Here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<lifecycleMappingMetadata>
   <lifecycleMappings>
     <lifecycleMapping>
       <pluginExecutions>
         <pluginExecution>
           <pluginExecutionFilter>
             <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
             <versionRange>2.4.1</versionRange>
             <goals>
               <goal>clean</goal>
             </goals>
           </pluginExecutionFilter>
           <ignore />
         </pluginExecution>
         <pluginExecution>
           <pluginExecutionFilter>
             <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
             <versionRange>[1.0,)</versionRange>
             <goals>
               <goal>generate-application-xml</goal>
             </goals>
           </pluginExecutionFilter>
           <action>
             <configurator>
               <id>org.maven.ide.eclipse.configuration.wtp.configurator</id>
             </configurator>
           </action>
         </pluginExecution>
         <pluginExecution>
           <pluginExecutionFilter>
             <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
             <versionRange>[1.0,)</versionRange>
             <goals>
               <goal>generate-application-xml</goal>
             </goals>
           </pluginExecutionFilter>
           <action>
             <configurator>
               <id>org.maven.ide.eclipse.configuration.wtp.nonjava.unsupportedDependencyTypeConfigurator</id>
             </configurator>
           </action>
         </pluginExecution>
         <pluginExecution>
           <pluginExecutionFilter>
             <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
             <versionRange>[2.4,)</versionRange>
             <goals>
               <goal>resources</goal>
               <goal>testResources</goal>
               <goal>copy-resources</goal>
             </goals>
           </pluginExecutionFilter>
           <action>
             <execute />
           </action>
         </pluginExecution>
         <pluginExecution>
           <pluginExecutionFilter>
             <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
             <versionRange>[1.0,)</versionRange>
             <goals>
               <goal>ear</goal>
             </goals>
           </pluginExecutionFilter>
           <action>
             <configurator>
               <id>org.maven.ide.eclipse.configuration.wtp.earmanifest.configurator</id>
             </configurator>
           </action>
         </pluginExecution>
         <pluginExecution>
           <pluginExecutionFilter>
             <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
             <versionRange>2.3.1</versionRange>
             <goals>
               <goal>install</goal>
             </goals>
           </pluginExecutionFilter>
           <ignore />
         </pluginExecution>
         <pluginExecution>
           <pluginExecutionFilter>
             <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
             <versionRange>2.7</versionRange>
             <goals>
               <goal>deploy</goal>
             </goals>