Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse seemingly deleting and recreating "target" directory for one project every second

Now I'm suddenly seeing an additional nonsensical symptom in this project.  It's giving me an XML validation error on my "application.xml", which I haven't changed, and which works perfectly fine.  It wasn't complaining about this earlier.

> What version of m2e is this?

  1.1.0.20120530-0009

> Can I see lifecycle mapping of the project, ideally using m2e 1.2. You
> can capture it using "Copy to clipboard" button on
> Maven->LifecycleMapping project properties
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Image:M2e-project-properties-
> lifecyclemapping.png

Here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<lifecycleMappingMetadata>
  <lifecycleMappings>
    <lifecycleMapping>
      <pluginExecutions>
        <pluginExecution>
          <pluginExecutionFilter>
            <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
            <versionRange>2.4.1</versionRange>
            <goals>
              <goal>clean</goal>
            </goals>
          </pluginExecutionFilter>
          <ignore />
        </pluginExecution>
        <pluginExecution>
          <pluginExecutionFilter>
            <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
            <versionRange>[1.0,)</versionRange>
            <goals>
              <goal>generate-application-xml</goal>
            </goals>
          </pluginExecutionFilter>
          <action>
            <configurator>
              <id>org.maven.ide.eclipse.configuration.wtp.configurator</id>
            </configurator>
          </action>
        </pluginExecution>
        <pluginExecution>
          <pluginExecutionFilter>
            <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
            <versionRange>[1.0,)</versionRange>
            <goals>
              <goal>generate-application-xml</goal>
            </goals>
          </pluginExecutionFilter>
          <action>
            <configurator>
              <id>org.maven.ide.eclipse.configuration.wtp.nonjava.unsupportedDependencyTypeConfigurator</id>
            </configurator>
          </action>
        </pluginExecution>
        <pluginExecution>
          <pluginExecutionFilter>
            <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
            <versionRange>[2.4,)</versionRange>
            <goals>
              <goal>resources</goal>
              <goal>testResources</goal>
              <goal>copy-resources</goal>
            </goals>
          </pluginExecutionFilter>
          <action>
            <execute />
          </action>
        </pluginExecution>
        <pluginExecution>
          <pluginExecutionFilter>
            <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
            <versionRange>[1.0,)</versionRange>
            <goals>
              <goal>ear</goal>
            </goals>
          </pluginExecutionFilter>
          <action>
            <configurator>
              <id>org.maven.ide.eclipse.configuration.wtp.earmanifest.configurator</id>
            </configurator>
          </action>
        </pluginExecution>
        <pluginExecution>
          <pluginExecutionFilter>
            <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
            <versionRange>2.3.1</versionRange>
            <goals>
              <goal>install</goal>
            </goals>
          </pluginExecutionFilter>
          <ignore />
        </pluginExecution>
        <pluginExecution>
          <pluginExecutionFilter>
            <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
            <versionRange>2.7</versionRange>
            <goals>
              <goal>deploy</goal>
            </goals>