[m2e-users] m2e duplicate entires inside JAR crash jarsigner

Hi List.

I recently updated my Eclipse to Juno (+wtp), with newest m2e plugin 1.1.0. But there i encountered following bug (didn't see that in 1.0?)

Packaging in m2e creates duplicate entries in JAR file -> jarsigner will fail. Executing in command line (outside eclipse) works fine.
https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-extras/issues/9

I know its the d*mn zip standard to have the possibility of same name in same directory (you even cant extract this on any filesystem), but..
Is there any Solution for this yet?
Could we "fix" that maybe in the maven-jar-plugin, overwriting existing files?
Should there be a "hack" in the jarsigner plugin?
Or when/why exactly does m2e that?

Is there any ETA on this?
My company relies on jarsigner... and if more and more people upgrade their plugins.... awww

This are the 2 generated files:
> \target\classes\META-INF\maven\com.myCompany\myProject\pom.properties
> #Generated by Maven Integration for Eclipse
> #Tue Aug 07 16:49:19 CEST 2012
> version=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> groupId=com.mycompany
> m2e.projectName=myProject
> m2e.projectLocation=C\:\\Users\\myron\\workspace_juno\\myProject
> artifactId=myProject
>
> \target\maven-archiver\pom.properties
> #Generated by Maven
> #Tue Aug 07 16:48:48 CEST 2012
> version=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> groupId=com.mycompany
> artifactId=myProject
Resulting in 2 pom.properties|xml in META-INF inside JAR

TIA,
Myron

Back to the top